commentary, philosophy, and outright rants
Archive for February, 2009
- I have 47 chromosomes.
- I write poetry.
- I’ve been described as “straight with a queer vibe”; I don’t know exactly what that means, but since the person describing me like that is a very good friend who is gay, I assume it was a high compliment.
- I was a Roman Catholic liturgy planner and organist for seven years.
- I am a Witchcraft ritual planner when the fit strikes me.
- I go to gothic fusion belly dancing workshops.
- I used to be a Catholic lay evangelist.
- I was doing minor spells such as glamorie since first grade in Catholic school, without even being aware I was doing spells.
- I’ve read more than 2,000 books.
- I’ve been listed in Marquis’ Who’s Who publications for nine years.
- I know just enough about medicine to scare myself half to death whenever I get sick.
- I turn Christian hymns into Pagan ritual songs.
- My attention to detail has been described as something that causes conflicts with others who pay less attention to detail.
- I write dark erotica under various pseudonyms.
- Instead of pretending that either BDSM or Magick can be made “safe”, I realize that both are on the edge and embrace the dance in both.
- I have problems applying the above principle to life in general.
- I am pro-choice on suicide.
- When I channel an entity, I go way under but I’m still aware of things.
- I’ve been known to pull people in with me when channelling.
- My primary deities are Apollo and the Star Goddess, but I work a lot with Brigid, Kali, and Lilith as well, and a little with Ixtab.
- I really need to start meditating more. One of these years.
- I’ve lost forty-five pounds in the past six weeks.
- I’ve been featured – with picture – in USA Today.
- I believe that omniscience is necessary to know if action or inaction will bring harm to anyone, so I do not accept the Wiccan stricture of harm none since it is humanly impossible to know if any act of commission or omission will harm anyone.
- Most of this stuff can be found on my various websites.